Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
This is not counting my family of origin. These are my chosen family; the people whom I love for their marvelous selves.
1. Meshel- we've been friends for over 10 years now and have stuck by each other through some terrible times and some good ones as well. I know she will always be there for me if there is anything she can do. She taught me how to be a friend and a decent, caring person. She's the reason I get teary over the lyric "Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good."
2. Dan- it's been almost 8 years and so many changes and he has never stopped amazing me. I don't know if I ever would have overcome my addiction to drama without him. He knows me in ways I will never quite understand and is the only person I can stand to be around when I want to be alone.
3. David- in times like these when communication is chokingly hard, it's so good to have someone in my life I click with on a profound level so effortlessly. Getting to a point where we can actually be friends has been difficult, but ultimately rewarding, or at least it finally seems that way. I can always talk to him and discover that I am still in here hiding somewhere. Plus it's somewhat amazing to have the kind of friend who would drive me to Milwaukee in a blizzard.
4. elly- I don't talk to her nearly enough lately, but she still gets things about me that others don't and makes me smile and giggle gleefully like no one else. And I've never quite gotten over my crush on her.
5. Daniel- Compared to the others on this list, I've barely gotten to know him. Our first ex-iversary is approaching, though, and it pleases me to note that we have indeed managed to remain a part of each other's lives. This is the only relationship in my life with no guilt attached to it, which is a very powerful thing. It's easy for me to be kind to him and in return I get support and encouragement... oh, and sex on a regular basis.
6. Angel- There have been things getting between us lately, but she is still important to me. We seem to be continually figuring out our boundaries, but I wouldn't sacrifice the intensity of connection that requires that.
Ok, so I cheated and added an extra spot. I am fortunate to have a lot of love in my life.